Thursday, October 30, 2008

The first step has been made; Now we need you...

Well the letter is published. I am waiting to see what kind of response we will get.
This afternoon I received an e-mail from the nicest lady asking after my daughter's health. I responded to her personally as we will try to do with all e-mails or comments. My daughter is doing well, as is my son. They both miss the friends they have made so far this year. They did not have time to go back and exchange phone numbers, as after the threat of expulsion from Mr. Brinson; I did not feel comfortable allowing them to return to the school. I feel at this point I had no choice but to remove them from this system until I can guarantee their safety on school property.
So we will be home schooling for now while we work toward a better and safer Jasper County school system. I am only thankful that we were able to make that choice, I know not everyone can. It won't be easy for us to do this as many of you can imagine, but needs must when the devil drives.
As you wander through our site today please keep in mind that while this time it was my child, it's not so big a leap to tomorrow when it may be a family member's child…or yours.

Any input you have will be welcome. And your input will become necessary as we come closer to finding a resolution. This is our county. We live here, we work here, and we do it to make sure that our children have what they need. We need to take the steps that make sure that what we provide will be protected. We need to ensure that our children and schools are safe. Not just for us but for those that come after us. Individually we have the ability to do what's right for our families; together we have the ability to make it happen for everyone.

No comments: